dBWav is powerful and user-friendly acoustic analysis software developed by our friends at Marshall Day Acoustics.
Struggling with large data sets? dBWav comfortably handles processing of large files and long term recordings, offering a high-level review of data sets for quick identification of features and trends.
- Process multiple files from multiple recorders in a single run
- Easily apply SoundTrap factory calibration
- Calculate broadband levels: RMS, Min, Max, Peak, SEL, percentiles
- Calculate 1/3 octave band levels
- Tag key events and time periods
- Playback audio and display spectra
- Apply marine weightings for assessment to NOAA criteria
dBWav is specifically tailored for hydrophone recordings and works seamlessly with SoundTrap data files.
The student version sold here is a 1 year license sold according to the terms and conditions below. The license includes email support provided by Marshall Day Acoustics. Upon purchase you will be emailed a license code and link for software download within two working days.
- Input: 16, 24 or 32 bit PCM .wav files with sample rates from 48 kHz to 576 kHz
Broadband average (RMS) levels
1/3 octave band average levels from 12.5 Hz to 200 kHz (sample rate dependent)
- Class ratings:
1/3 octave band filter frequency responses to IEC 21260 standard Class 1 for sample rates above 96 kHz
1/3 octave band filter frequency responses to IEC 21260 standard Class 2 for sample rates between 48 kHz and 96 kHz
- Overall percentile levels are calculated in accordance with ISO 1996-2 2017 (Section 18.104.22.168) for averaging times of one second and below.
- Operating system: Windows 7 and above (64 bit only).
Terms and conditions
Please be aware that all sales and support for the product will be provided by Marshal Day Acoustics.
Student licences are time limited and expire 12 months after activation. Proof of study is required for a student licence, such as:
• A scanned copy of a valid student ID, and
• Correspondence on University letterhead confirming the request for a student licence for the same student ID
Please contact dBWav@marshallday.co.nz for all student licence inquiries.
Before purchase please review the end user license agreement here.